Department of the Interior and Local Government
April 20, 2020
April 20, 2020 4:27 PM
LGUs should refer to the guidelines included in the memorandum circular indicated below as reference in creating COVID-19 protocols and programs in the community.
Specific to LGUs in Luzon
- All classes are suspended.
- Work-from-home arrangements should be implemented, except for health workers and other frontliners. These frontliners should have a skeletal workforce.
- There should be food packs for identified indigent families wage earners.
- Home quarantine should be implemented. Movement shall be only limited to accessing basic necessities and provision for food and essential health service.
- Public establishments should be closed, except those providing/manufacturing basic necessities.
- Mass public transportation shall be suspended.
- Transportation arrangement should be provided for frontliners and those needing to go to hospitals and establishments providing basic necessities.
- Unrestricted movement of medical frontliners and cargoes should be allowed and authorized.
- No human rights shall be violated.
- There should be a curfew.
Specific to LGUs in Visayas and Mindanao
- Affected families and members of the community should receive full assistance.
- The LGU should utilize appropriate resources to implement urgent and critical measures to contain or prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- The LGU should mitigate the effects and impact of COVID-19 to the community.
- Serious disruptions of the functioning of the government and the community should be prevented.
- There should be strong preventive measures and monitoring systems (i.e. checkpoints).
- Exercise utmost prudence in sharing sensitive information about suspected or confirmed cases.
- Strict social distancing practice and other personal protective measures should be imposed.